For over 18 years, Aerotech has been the best-selling small bus in North America.
Here are just few reasons why
- Interior color, decor and floor plans are available in a wide range of choices
- TV/VCP systems are available with single forward monitor or multiple overhead monitors
- Luggage racks with round tubing and carpet-padded shelves provide a soft, non-skid surface which eliminates damage to baggage
- Aircraft-style overhead luggage bins are available for storage
- Rear luggage compartments offer 90 to 150 cu. ft of storage space
- Illuminated signs are available at front, side or rear locations
- Food and beverage requirements can be accommodated, including the ability to prepare hot food service
Body and Floor Structure
- Steel reinforced composite body with 5-year/75,000-mile warranty.
- Only commercial cutaway bus tested for 5-year/150,000 mile life cycle at FTA-Altoona testing facility.
- Only commercial cutaway bus to be crash-tested – video and printed documentation available upon request.
- Body ArmourTM bright white, impact-resistant, non-corrosive gel-coated FRP exterior panels insure easy cleaning and a new, glossy look year after year.
- Sidewall features 11-gauge steel, diagonally reinforced passenger area crash barrier which includes standard sidewall set mounting rail.
- Floor frame structure is 16 gauge 2″ x 3″ cross members on 11 gauge C-channel base, mounted on rubber shock dampeners and tested to 40,000# load bearing capacity.
- 3/4″ exterior-grade plywood flooring undercoated and sealed prior to installation to assure 100% coverage and superior resistance to moisture and deterioration.
- Floor covering is black, heavy-duty transit rubber with ribbed aisle.
Safety and Convenience
- Stainless steel safety stanchions on each side of aisle at passenger entry.
- Curb-side modesty panel and entry assist handrail at left of passenger entry.
- Deluxe stainless steel exterior mirrors with convex mirror.
- Interior driver/passenger view mirror.
- High-back driver’s seat.
- Rear bumper is heavy-duty 12 gauge formed steel channel with wrap-around ends, primered and painted white to match base body.
- Exclusive Trac-LocTM steel track seating system is fully integrated into steel frame understructure and allows quick and easy seat re-spacing or removal for greater flexibility and higher resale valve.
- All models meet or exceed all applicable FMVSS requirements.
Electrical and Lighting
- Master electro-panel with all fuses, breakers and relays easily accessible in driver compartment, away from excess heat and road elements.
- Driver control console provides easy access and viewing for driver; all switches are relays which produce no heat for extended switch life.
- All wiring is function, number and color coded for ease of identification for service and maintenance.
- All wiring is loomed and secured in position with loom ties.
- Interior courtesy lights are activated by entry door and/or by driver with override switch on control panels.
- Exterior lighting features tear-drop style front clearance lights and low-profile, surface-mount, rear clearance lights which meet all applicable FMVSS and ICC requirements.
- License plate light is recessed above the plate locator to protect against damage and outside elements.
- Tail light assembly provides tail light illumination, turn signal (amber) and brake light illumination.
- All chassis cab interior and exterior lighting is standard automotive style.
- Driver dome light with rotary dimmer on headlamp switch.
Windows and Doors
- 30″ x 80″ driver operated, double-leaf passenger entry door with door activated stepwell entry light and upper and lower loading area view windows. Door control mechanism has easy-access door for service and maintenance. Ground to first step approximately 11″ with 9″ risers.
- Traffic view windows forward of passenger entry door.
- White step nosing at entry for improved step edge visibility.
Interior Finish and Trim
- Ceiling headliner and wall panel is low maintenance, easy to clean, bright white gel-coated FRP which will not fade or absorb moisture, mildew, dirt or retain odor.
Options Heating/Air Conditioning (For maximum A/C performance, manufacturer recommends no A/C ducting.)
- Passenger area A/C systems ranging form 30,000 BTU to 87,000 BTU
- Passenger area heater units with 30,000 BTU to 60,000 BTU capacity (use multiple units for additional heating.)
- All A/C and heating systems are thermostatically controlled with all controls located on driver control console.
- Alternators-available up to 250-amp output.
- Fast idle switch.
- (8) D-battery with slide-out tray.
- Driver’ power fan
- Roof vent/escape hatch.
Windows and Doors
- Window sizes: 24″ x 36″ or 24″ x 42″
- Electrically operated, driver controlled entry door.
- Entry doors: 36″ x 80″ or 40″ x 80″
- Sliding, pocket-type entry door.
- Sensitive edge on entry door.
- Rear emergency door with ajar buzzer and light.
- Entry door interlock.
- Wheelchair and exterior luggage doors are steel framed with non-corrosive composite door panels, stainless steel hinges and positive, lockable, 2-point latch mechanism.
- Two-passenger bench seats.
- Low, mid and high-back bucket seats.
- Complete range of heavy-duty vinyl and fabric upholstery.
- Complete range of seating features including recliners, side sliders, foot rests, map pockets, passenger restraint belts, headrests and grab handles.
- 6-way adjustable hydra-mechanical driver’s seat.
- Rear luggage compartment with heavy-duty doors.
- Rear luggage cargo net.
- Moveable rear luggage wall.
- Overhead luggage bins.
- Floor luggage rack with shelves.
- Lockable storage compartment above driver.
Comfort, Appearance, and Safety
- Full range of radio, stereo audio systems including PA system.
- Complete TV/VCP audio/video package.
- Food service center w/sink and refrigerator.
- Fabric headliner and wall covering.
- Colored floor rubber carpet in a wide range of color choices.
- Stainless steel wheel inserts or aluminum wheels.
- Front lighted destination sign.
- Full range of attractive paint schemes and custom painting and lettering.
- First-aid kit, fire extinguisher, road-side flares/reflectors.
- Reverse alarm.
Handicapped Accessible/ADA approved
- All models are able to provide handicapped accessibility and meet all applicable ADA requirements.
- Complete range of platform or passive-type wheelchair lifts, tie-down securements, flipseats, assist handrails, signage, etc.
- Elevated flat-floor models available for increased wheelchair capacity.