Aerolite gives you the same durability and quality that have made ElDorado National the #1 builder of small and mid-size buses year after year. Yet at just 87′ wide, Aerolite is 9″ narrower than our standard body for superior maneuverability in tight spaces. One of the most competitively-priced vehicles in its class, Aerolite also carries one of the highest value ratings in the commercial bus market.
- the only commercial cutaway to be crash tested
- the only commercial cutaway Altoona-tested for 5yrs/150,000 miles
- meets or exceeds all applicable FMVSS requirements
- complies fully with all applicable ADA regulations
- E-350 Ford chassis
- 5.4L EFI V-8, 6.8L EFI V-10, or 7.3L DI turbo diesel
- E40D 4-speed automatic overdrive transmission
- E-350, LT225/75R x 16D radial tires
- Wheelbase is 138″
- 4:10 rear axle ratio;
- Dark charcoal dash trim
- 130-amp alternator GVWR: 9,600-10,500#
- Air conditioning
- H. D. radiator
- Fuel capacity: 35 gallons
- Speed control/tilt steering available on certain models
- Dual batteries
- Gauge instrumentation
- Tinted glass
- Brakes: ABS, disc front, drum rear
- Transmission cooler
- Chrome front bumper and grill available on certain models.
Body and Floor Structure
- Steel reinforced composite body with 5-year/75,000-mile warranty.
- Only commercial cutaway bus tested for 5-year/150,000 mile life cycle at FTA-Altoona testing facility.
- Only commercial cutaway bus to be crash-tested-video and printed documentation available upon request.
- Body Armour(R) bright white, impact-resistant, non-corrosive gel-coated FRP exterior panels insure easy cleaning and a new, glossy look year after year.
- Sidewall features 11-gauge steel, diagonally reinforced passenger area crash barrier which includes standard sidewall seat mounting rail.
- Floor frame structure is 16-gauge 2″ x 3″ cross members on 11-gauge C-channel base, mounted on rubber shock dampeners and tested to 40,000# load bearing capacity.
- 3/4″ exterior-grade plywood flooring undercoated and sealed prior to installation to assure 100% coverage and superior resistance to moisture and deterioration.
- Floor covering is black, heavy-duty transit rubber with ribbed aisle.
Safety and Convenience
- Stainless steel safety stanchions on each side of aisle at passenger entry.
- Curbside modesty panel and entry assist handrail at left of passenger entry.
- Deluxe stainless steel exterior mirrors with convex mirror.
- Rear bumper is heavy-duty 12-gauge formed steel channel with wrap-around ends, primed and painted white to match base body.
- Exclusive Trac-Loc(R) steel track seating system is fully integrated into steel frame understructure and allows quick and easy seat re-spacing or removal for greater flexibility and higher resale value.
- Interior driver/passenger view mirror.
- High-back driver’s seat.
- All models meet or exceed all applicable FMVSS requirements.
Electrical and Lighting
- Master electro-panel with all fuses, breakers and relays easily
accessible in driver compartment, away from excess heat and road elements.
- Driver control console provides easy access and viewing for driver; all
switches are relays which produce no heat for extended switch life.
- All wiring is function, number, color coded for easy identification for service and maintenance.
- All wiring is loomed and secured in position w/loom ties.
- Interior courtesy lights are activated by entry door and/or by driver with override switch on control panels.
- Exterior lighting features tear-drop style front clearance lights and low- profile, surface-mount, rear clearance lights which meet all applicable FMVSS and ICC requirements.
- License plate light recessed above plate locator to protect against damage and outside elements.
- Tail light assembly provides illumination, turn signal (amber) and brake light illumination.
- All chassis cab interior and exterior lighting is standard automotive style.
- Driver dome light with rotary dimmer on headlamp switch.
Windows & Doors
- 30″ x 80″ driver operated, double-leaf passenger entry door with door activated stepwell entry light and upper and lower loading area view windows. Door control mechanism has easy-access door for service and
maintenance. Ground to first step approximately 11″ w/9″ risers.
- Traffic view windows forward of passenger entry door.
- White step nosing at entry for improved step edge visibility.
Interior Finish and Trim
- Ceiling headliner and wall panel is low maintenance, easy to clean, bright white gel-coated FRP which will not fade or absorb moisture, mildew,dirt or retain odor.
- Heating/Air Conditioning
(For maximum A/C performance, manufacturer recommends no A/C ducting.)
- Passenger area A/C systems ranging from 30,000 BTU to 87,000 BTU
Passenger area heater units with 30,000 BTU or 60,000 BTU capacity (use multiple units for additional heating.)
- All A/C and heating systems are thermostatically controlled with all controls located on driver control console.
- Alternators-available up to 250-amp output.
- Fast idle switch.
- (8) D-battery with slide-out tray
- Driver’s power fan.
- Roof vent/escape hatch.
Windows and Doors
- Window size: 24″ x 36″
- Electrically operated, driver-controlled entry door.
- Entry doors: 36″ x 80″ or 40″ x 80″
- Sliding, pocket-type entry door.
- Sensitive edge on entry door.
- Rear emergency door with ajar buzzer and light.
- Wheelchair and exterior luggage doors are steel framed with non-corrosive composite door panels, stainless steel hinges and positive, lockable, 2-point latch mechanism.
- Entry door interlock.
- Two-passenger bench seats.
- Complete range of heavy-duty vinyl and fabric upholstery.
- 6-way adjustable hydra-mechanical driver’s seat.
- Low, mid and high-back bucket seats.
- Complete range of seating features including recliners, side sliders, foot rests, map pockets, passenger restraint belts, headrests, grab handles.
- Rear luggage compartment with heavy-duty doors.
- Rear luggage cargo net.
- Moveable rear luggage wall.
- Overhead luggage bins.
- Floor luggage rack with shelves.
- Lockable storage compartment above driver.
- Full range of radio, stereo audio systems including PA system.
- Complete TV/VCP audio/video package.
- Food service center w/sink and refrigerator.
- Fabric headliner and wall covering.
- Colored floor rubber or carpet in a wide range of color choices.
- Stainless steel wheel inserts or aluminum wheels.
- Front lighted destination sign.
- Full range of attractive paint schemes or custom painting and lettering.
- First-aid kit, fire extinguisher, roadside flares/reflectors.
- Reverse alarm.
Handicapped Accessible and ADA approved
- All models are able to provide handicapped accessibility and meet all applicable ADA requirements.
- Complete range of platform or passive-type wheelchair lifts, tie-down securements, flipseats, assist handrails, signage, etc.
- Elevated flat-floor models available for increased wheelchair capacity.